Monday 16 May 2016

'Meet the neighbours' Monday

'Meet the neighbours' Monday is our first theme for this week's 'New Homes Week' and is all about showing the benefits of creating communities when building new homes.

We are passionate about this and proactively create developments with communal spaces such as play parks, running tracks, allotments and communal areas where communities can form as people relax and chat with their new neighbours.

Our Croft development in Baston is a perfect example of how a new community is meeting, developing friendships and forming strong bonds, all through their new Larkfleet home.  The Croft is an age exclusive development, aimed at new home owners aged 55 years and over.  Resident Mr Cooper explains more:

"I am retired and live alone so was looking for an easy-to-maintain and economical property for my new lifestyle.  My search for a new home brought me to the Croft and I liked the development for its locality, layout and quality of finish.  However, I was also impressed by the community hub which is open to all residents.  Having the hub on site not only means I have somewhere to meet family and friends but also means I can take part in any of the events or classes which take my fancy."


He added: "As I live alone, it is great to have somewhere to meet new people but also to maintain my privacy which is important to me.  The Croft also appealed to me as it has allotments on the site which are available to all new residents.  I will be putting my name down for one and as someone with a past farming background, I am keen to get back on the land and start work on it!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.